We offer a range of residential survey reports to suit your requirements.
All of our survey reports are presented in a clear concise RICS format accompanied by photographs taken upon inspection.
A brief summary of the range of residential surveys we currently offer:-
Level 1 – RICS Condition Report
Choose this report if you’re buying or selling a conventional house, flat or bungalow built from common building materials
and in reasonable condition. It focuses purely on the condition of the property by setting out the following:
• clear ‘traffic light’ ratings of the condition of different parts of the building, services, garage and outbuildings, showing
problems that may require varying degrees of attention;
• a summary of the risks to the condition of the building; and
• advice on replacement parts guarantees, planning and control matters for your legal advisers.
An RICS Condition Report is straightforward and does not include a valuation, but we can provide this as a separate extra service.
Click the link for a detailed description of the RICS Condition Report:- Detailed Description of Condition Report Service
Click the link for a sample RICS Condition Report:- RICS Condition_report_2016 – Sample Template for Clients
Level 2 – RICS Homebuyer Survey (with or without Market Valuation)
Choose this report if you need more extensive information whilst buying or selling a conventional house, flat or bungalow,
built from common building materials and in reasonable condition. It costs more than the Condition Report but includes:
• all of the features in the Condition Report;
• a list of problems that the surveyor considers may affect the property;
• advice on repairs and ongoing maintenance;
• issues that need to be investigated to prevent serious damage or dangerous conditions;
• legal issues that need to be addressed before completing your purchase; and
• information on location, local environment and the recorded energy efficiency (where available).
Click the link for a detailed description of the RICS Homebuyer Survey:- Detailed Description of RICS Homebuyer Survey
Click the link for a sample RICS Homebuyer Survey Report:- Sample Homebuyer Report Template for Clients
Level 3 – RICS Building Survey
Choose the Building Survey (formerly called a structural survey) if you’re dealing with a large, older or run-down property,
a building that is unusual or altered, or if you’re planning major works. It costs more than the other RICS reports because it
gives detailed information about the structure and fabric of the property.
The RICS Building Survey uses the same traffic light ratings as the Condition and HomeBuyer Reports. It also includes:
• a more thorough inspection and detailed report on a wider range of issues;
• a description of visible defects and potential problems caused by hidden flaws;
• an outline of repair options and the likely consequences of inactivity; and
• advice for your legal advisers and details of serious risks and dangerous conditions.
The RICS Building Survey does not include a valuation, but we may be able to provide this as a separate extra service.
Our surveyors may be able to provide an estimate of costs for identified repairs if agreed with you in advance as an additional service.
Click the link for a detailed description of the RICS Building Survey:- RICS Building Survey – Detailed Description
Click the link for a sample RICS Building Survey Report:- RICS_Building_Survey_2016 Report Template for Clients
Want to find out more or obtain a fee quotation?
Click the link below for a PDF version of the above summary and further information on the range of home surveys (as well as a comparison between the three levels of survey) we offer published by the RICS Home_surveys_information_sheet_HomeBuyer_Survey2016
Call us on 020 8296 1234 for a fixed fee quote for any of our home survey reports. Alternatively email us via our contact us page and we will provide a quotation to you by email. When making your enquiry, please state which type of survey you require, the address of the property to be surveyed (or link to the sale particulars) and the agreed purchase price if applicable.
We look forward to hearing from you.
In addition to the above, we have a range of professional RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) and RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architects) that are able to provide a range of additional services some of examples of which are summarised below:
• Major Works Specification writing for Houses & Blocks of Flats
• Tender Analysis & Contract administration
• Building defects diagnosis
• Dilapidations, Schedules of Condition
• Planned and reactive maintenance
• Refurbishment & Extensions (Including Planning Applications)
• Building regulations and property legislation compliance
• Capital expenditure plans
• Licences for alterations in leasehold property
• Party wall Act 1996
Please call us to discuss your requirements and we will be pleased to provide contact details for our associates.